Plastic Surgeon in Plymouth, MI
Contrary to popular belief, plastic surgery is not always for aesthetic purposes. There are a lot of other reasons why a patient may need to undergo a cosmetic or reconstructive surgery from a reliable and professional plastic surgeon. If you or someone you know is looking for a trusted plastic surgeon in Plymouth, Michigan, this page can be a reliable resource for you.
What is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is medical operation performed by a licensed plastic surgeon that involves surgical alteration, restoration, or reconstruction of specific parts of the human body, such as the face, neck, skin, and hands of a patient. More than the appearance, plastic surgery aims to restore and improve the function of the specific part being treated.
Plastic surgery is required for several reasons and purposes, including:
- Repairing abnormality that may have existed since birth, such as cleft palate, cleft lip, birthmarks, or webbed fingers;
- Restoring functionality of parts that may have been damaged after removal of cancerous tissue from the face or breast;
- Treating burns or other serious injuries from accidents;
- For cosmetic or aesthetic purposes
Different Types of Plastic Surgery
Before you visit your preferred plastic surgeon in Plymouth, Michigan, it is important to know what type of surgery you may need. Below are the different types of plastic surgery.
1. Aesthetic Surgery
Also called cosmetic surgery, aesthetic surgery is a component of plastic surgery that aims to make aesthetic changes to the face or body of the patient. It involves cosmetic surgical principles, reconstructive surgical procedures, and isolated operations all geared towards improving the overall appearance of the patient.
2. Burn Surgery
As the name implies, burn surgery is a surgical procedure done to patients that have suffered burn on their facial or body skin. Acute burn surgery is the treatment done immediately after a burn, while reconstructive burn surgery is often performed when the burn wounds have already healed.
3. Craniofacial Surgery
Craniofacial surgery is a surgical procedure performed by a plastic surgeon that deals with addressing congenital and acquired deformities of a patient’s skull, head, face, jaws, neck, and associated structures. Some conditions that require this type of plastic surgery are cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis, facial fractures, and orbital reconstruction.
Microsurgery generally deals with reconstruction of missing tissues in the head and neck, breast, hand, and/or brachial plexus. This is done by transferring a piece of tissue to the reconstruction site and reconnecting blood vessels.
5. Pediatric Plastic Surgery
There are some instances where children would require plastic surgery due to birth defects or syndromes that may have been already present at birth. Conditions commonly treated by pediatric plastic surgeons include craniofacial anomalies, cleft lip and palate, webbed fingers and toes, having excess fingers and toes, and congenital hand deformities.
Top-Notch Medical Care and Services from our Plastic Surgeon
At Center for Ear, Nose & Throat, PC, we are committed to bring out your natural beauty through. Our highly experienced plastic surgeon in Plymouth, MI boasts proven track record, surgical know-how, and continuing education on plastic surgery to give the best medical care and procedures you truly deserve.
At our plastic surgery center, we offer the following treatments and care, performed by our resident professional plastic surgeon in Plymouth, Michigan:
- Smooth facial wrinkles and remove facial blemishes
- Rejuvenate eyelids using hidden incisions, eliminating that “tired” look
- Soften frown lines
- Lift the cheeks, eliminating jowls and recreating a youthful neckline
- Use small hidden incisions behind the hairline to lift the eyebrows and eliminate that frowning expression
- Smooth out smile creases and restore youthful fullness to your face and lips, using your own fat cells. The results are natural and lasting
Our plastic surgeon also performs the following surgical and non-surgical treatments:
- Face Neck and Eyelid Lifts
- Skin Cancer, Reconstruction
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Scar Revision
- Facial Fillers