Allergies Doctor Commerce Twp, MI
An allergy is a common health condition that occurs when the immune system gets exposed to a foreign substance, also known as an allergen. There are different kinds of allergens that your body may react to, such as certain types of food, dust, dirt, pollen, or even substances that may have been injected into your body.
Allergic reactions may also appear in different ways, such as sneezing, coughing, itchy and watery eyes, itchy throat, and/or runny nose. In more serious cases, rashes, hives, breathing difficulty, and asthma attacks may also occur.
To manage allergies, preventive measures and treatment are necessary. Consulting with an allergies doctor in Commerce Township Michigan can help you deal with your allergy symptoms and improve the quality of your life.
Why Go To an ENT Allergies Doctor?
Otolaryngologists or ENT doctors specialize in diagnosing, treating, and dealing with health conditions involving the ear, nose, and throat of a patient, and sometimes including areas of the neck and head, as well. Since symptoms of allergies typically affect the ears, nose, and throat, an ENT allergies doctor can readily and effectively help you manage your allergy problems.
Our allergies doctor in Commerce Township Michigan is highly qualified and experienced in treating many allergy problems. In fact, we have a lot of patients who visit our office, requiring assistance, care, and treatment for allergy symptoms such as recurrent sinusitis, nasal congestion, chronic cough, and postnasal drainage. Our doctor works with them closely to understand their medical history, identify allergy triggers, and provide them with the most effective and customized treatment program.
Trusted ENT Allergies Doctor in Commerce Township Michigan
If you or a loved one is consistently suffering from aggravating and inconvenient allergy problems, visit our professional and reliable ENT allergies doctor in Commerce Township Michigan.
Dr. Steven J. Kin, D.O., F.A.O.C.O., is our resident ENT allergies doctor who is board certified in otorhinolaryngology and oro-facial plastic surgery. He has treated and managed hundreds of patients suffering from allergies of different kinds, enabling them to go back to their daily routines and improve the quality of their lives.
Through our trusted allergies doctor in Commerce Township Michigan, the Center for Ears, Nose & Throat, PC follows this comprehensive approach in treating allergy problems.
Over the years, ENT doctors have gravitated towards the treatment of allergy problems affecting sinuses, nasal passages, and the airway.
1. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Kin. It is important that you book a schedule first to ensure that our allergy doctor can accommodate you.
2. On your arrival, we will assess your condition and learn more about your allergy history.
3. Based on the information you share with us, Dr. Kin will assess the severity of your allergy problem. For mild cases, he normally prescribes antihistamine or nasal spray. For more severe or complex cases, he would recommend that you undergo an allergy test that will help identify your actual triggers.
Allergy tests may be done through RAST (radioallergosorbent test) or skin prick test. For immediate results, skin testing is recommended.
The Best ENT Allergies Doctor in Commerce Twp, Michigan
If you or a loved one is suffering from allergy problems that adversely affect the ears, nose, and/or throat, we recommend that you consult with an ENT allergies doctor right away. If you are located in West Bloomfield or the surrounding area, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Steven J. Kin, D.O., F.A.O.C.O., our top-notch resident ENT allergies doctor who is board certified in otorhinolaryngology and oro-facial plastic surgery.
At Center for Ears, Nose & Throat, PC, our approach to treating allergy problems include the following steps:
- We will provide a thorough assessment of your condition and a review of your allergy history.
- Depending on the information you provide, Dr. Kin may either prescribe antihistamine medication, nasal spray or suggest that you undergo an allergy test to accurately identify your triggers.
- Allergy tests can be performed through skin testing or RAST. For immediate results, skin testing is often the preferred method of choice.
- Allergy skin testing is performed by doing small injections usually under the skin of the upper arm. Different inhalant allergens will be tested on your skin, including dust, molds, pollen, and even specific food substances. Skin prick testing for allergy is normally done by injecting tiny amounts of allergens in the skin, usually under the skin of the upper arm. These allergens, including dust, pollen, molds, or specific food items will be tested on your skin to see if you will negatively react to them.
If you are allergic to a particular allergen, the injection site will swell or increase in size. As soon as we identify the positive triggers, we will test them further and determine how much allergy serum will be used for your immunotherapy.
Immunotherapy for Allergy Problems in Commerce Twp, Michigan
Our professional allergies doctor in Commerce Township Michigan performs allergen immunotherapy as a preventive treatment to patients with allergy problems. The goal of this treatment is to boost the patient’s immune system in order to combat allergic triggers and prevent the display of reactions.
At Center for Ears, Nose & Throat, PC, immunotherapy is performed on patients that have been tested and evaluated accordingly by our allergies doctor. It is often done 2 weeks after the initial testing.
Allergen immunotherapy involves providing allergy shots or oral drops to patients on a weekly basis for 6 to 12 months, progressing to just 2 to 4 weeks afterward. Immunotherapy is an effective allergy treatment because it encourages the patient’s body to form antibodies that are less sensitive to allergic triggers. For optimum results, immunotherapy should be practiced within 3 to 5 years, with varying conditions from patient to patient, depending on their case.
If you have been battling allergic symptoms and problems all your life, having tried every solution available to no avail, then it is time to schedule an appointment with the top ENT allergies doctor in Commerce Township Michigan. By working with Dr. Kin, you can finally combat your allergy problems and experience once again a fun and allergy-free life.